Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Heading Home

Tonight is my last night in Haviland and Greensburg, and even though I am sad to see it end, I am relieved to be finished with my stories.

Kurt Hahn said, “There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will be unwilling to settle for less.” Before coming out to Greensburg, I was hesitant and sort of excited about writing feature stories for this class. I wasn’t sure that I could keep up with the older undergrad students, as well as the graduate students. I was even more unsure of my ability to write four print stories and write and record my first ever audio story. Needless to say, everyone on this trip rallied behind each other and gave everyone the encouragement and inspiration they needed to finish videos at 2:30 in the morning, create the perfect lead to introduce their stories and to capture the perfect picture to assist their stories. I know I found out that I am capable of accomplishing more than I ever thought imaginable for myself. I have been made to see what I am capable of, as in terms of writing, and although I am still hesitant of my writing skills, I am even more unwilling to settle for less.

No comments: