Thursday, June 5, 2008

And then there were eight

We started with a group of 18, but that number has dwindled to eight. This last couple weeks has been great and I'm glad I am able to stay until tomorrow when the class ends. I've heard some crazy stories and met plenty of characters. I was in a comfort zone back in Wichita. Most of what I wrote was sports content for our school paper, The Sunflower. Having to interview people who have lost more than a game has been a humbling experience. In additon to writing feel-good rebuilding stories, I've been working on a story about controversy and small-town politics in Greensburg. This story has been difficult for me, but I've enjoyed reporting on something that hasn't been fully broached. Here shortly, I will start to work on a story about a farm family that lost everything but eachother. I'm looking forward to getting back.

No comments: