Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wishing Well



Finally, after years of hearing about the world's largest hand dug well, I was able to see it with my own eyes. I knew it was big, but really how big could it be? People, this thing is big or should I say deep, 109 feet deep to be exact. As you can see in the photo, those are the stairs going down to the bottom. There are a total of 105 steps. Right now, however, no one is allowed inside the well. While I was standing there admiring man's "handy" work, I noticed coins inside the edge of the well. They are most likely from children or tourists, trying to make it into the water for a wish. Inspired, I thought I would try making my own wish. I dropped a penny through one of the holes of the metal safety fence, trying to aim for the water, but alas, I believe my penny found it's fate on one of the steps leading to the bottom. I came to this conclusion when I heard a loud clang from the well. So if it never hit the water I wonder if this means my wish is now null-in-void?

No comments: